Name: State Treasury
Address: Sörnäisten rantatie 13, Helsinki. Box 14, 00054 State Treasury
Other contact details (e.g. tel. no. during office hours, email address): tel. +358 (0)295 50 2000, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Contact person for filing system-related matters
Name: Services for Citizens Division / Tuomo Yliluoma
Address: State Treasury, Services for citizens, PL 14, 00054 State Treasury
Other contact details (e.g. tel. no. during office hours, email address): email@example.com
3. Contact information of the data protection officer
4. Purpose for processing of personal data
The processing of personal data is based on the Act on temporary fuel subsidy for transport companies, Law 869/2022 amending the Act on temporary fuel subsidy for transport companies and Law 688/2001 on State aid.
The purpose of processing is to grant subsidy for transport companies and work machine companies will compensate companies for the sudden rise in fuel prices caused by the war of aggression in Ukraine since February 2022
The State Treasury makes its aid decisions mainly on the basis of the information provided by companies in their applications and on the information on the financial position of the companies that it receives from the Tax Administration.
The processing of personal data is in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) and (e) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (processing is necessary in order to comply with the controller’s legal obligations and to use the public authority belonging to the controller).
5. Information content of the register
Details stored in the register
- Name, telephone number and e-mail address of the person who made the application (process address and any other e-mail address for the purpose of submitting the decision on the claim).
- Name of the company, business name, sector of activity, postal address and, in the case of a company belonging to a group, the parent company of the group with its business name and business-ID. Information on the subsidiaries of the group with their business-ID will also be entered in the register if the applicant notifies changes to the group information in the application for subsidy.
- Information on the company’s turnover, the machinery used in its activities, the company’s fuel costs (including electricity and gas) and any subsidies received from other sources under the Ukraine framework support programme (EU 2022/C 131 I/01) and other public subsidies for the same costs, as indicated in the application
- Information from the Transport and Communications Agency (Traficom), which includes:
– the company’s valid transport licences and taxi licences and registrations as a carrier of goods by light vehicles in accordance with Article 16 of the Law on Transport Services (320/2017)
– vehicles owned or controlled by the undertaking and used for transport purposes which meet the requirements of Section 17 of the Act on Transport Services (320/2017)
- Information from the Tax Administration, such as
– information and the account number provided by the company for the payment of the tax refund
– information on the sales declared by the company for VAT purposes and information on the number of employees during the tax period
– information on any failure to comply with the obligation to declare for tax purposes
– information on the entry in the pre-tax register
– information on the register of tax debts and information on tax debts which have been sent for recovery by enforcement measures
– any other information necessary for the granting, payment and monitoring of the aid
Personal data stored in the register includes information on individuals engaged in business activities as private persons as well as information on those acting on behalf of a company. The information disclosed by the tax administration and the information obtained from other sources contain personal data to the extent that it is directed at an identifiable natural person.
6. Normal data sources
In addition to the applicant, the State Treasury receives information from the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency (Traficom) and the Tax Administration. From Statistics Finland, the State Treasury receives information on the group relations of companies.
The State Treasury has the right, notwithstanding the provisions on confidentiality, to obtain from other authorities the information necessary for processing and checking aid applications under Section 31 of the State Aid Act.
7. Regular disclosures of data
Personal data is not regularly disclosed to third parties.
The State Treasury discloses to the Enforcement Office payment data on the subsidy granted (business ID and amount of subsidy) for the purposes of the enforcement case.
The State Treasury discloses information on applicants for aid (business ID) to Suomen Tunnistetieto Oy to ensure that the company is not owned or effectively controlled by a natural or legal person subject to restrictive measures (sanctions) by the European Union.
Information on the applicant company and the aid granted or refused is published on the State Treasury’s website.
8. Regular disclosures of personal data or transfer of data outside the EU or the EEA
Information is not disclosed or transferred to recipients outside the EU or EEA.
9. Principles for filing system protection
The register contains confidential materials. In accordance with sections 1 and 4 of the act on the public disclosure and confidentiality of tax information (“laki verotustietojen julkisuudesta ja salassapidosta”) (1346/1999), tax information is confidential in accordance with section 29 of the Act on the Openness of Government Activities (621/1999). Confidential information is also classified as business secrets of companies applying for aid.
Only individuals authorised by the controller, who are under obligation of secrecy, have access to the data processed within the information system Access rights are kept up-to-date by regular inspection, and unnecessary access rights are removed. The information network and terminals containing the register are protected using technical measures. The application servers are located in the secure facilities of the operating service provider. The actions of the data sys-tem users and the authorisation of data access are monitored by means of collecting log data.
Manual data is stored in a locked room which is only accessible by individuals who have been authorised by the controller and are bound by an obligation of secrecy. Manual material is converted to digital format and is disposed of in a secure manner after the prescribed storage period has expired.
10. Data storage period / criteria for determining storage period
The provisions laid down in the Archives Act (831/1994) shall apply to the storage of documents.
If the archives service has not specified the documents for permanent storage, they will be retained for 10 years from the date of the decision.
11. Information about automatic decision-making (e.g. profiling) and information about the logic of data processing and its impacts on the data subject
The processing of the data does not entail automated decision-making.
12. Right of access
The data subject has the right to access their data in the register. Requests should be sent to the registry office.
In the event that the data subject has exercised their right of access less than one year ago, the State Treasury may collect a fee based on the administrative costs caused by the provision of the data.
13. Rectification of data
Data subjects are entitled to request corrections to any incorrect information the register may contain on them. Requests should be sent to the State Treasury’s registry office.
14. The right to object to processing of personal data
The State Treasury processes personal data in order to carry out its statutory duties, and the data subject does not have the right to object to the processing of their personal data.
15. Right to restriction of processing
The data subject has the right to restrict the processing of their personal data as specified in Article 18 of the GDPR.
16. Right to erasure
The State Treasury processes personal data in order to carry out its statutory duties, and the data subject does not have the right to have their personal data removed.
17. Right to lodge a complaint
The data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if the data subject believes that their rights have been infringed by the actions of the controller.
18. Other rights
Personal data is neither used nor disclosed for the purpose of direct advertising, distance marketing or other direct marketing, market and opinion research, registers of individuals, or genealogies.