Name: State Treasury
Address: Sörnäisten rantatie 13, P.O. Box 14, FI-00054 State Treasury
Other contact details: tel. +358 (0)295 50 2000, [email protected]
2. Contact person for filing system-related matters
Name: Marjukka Vallioniemi
Address: Sörnäisten rantatie 13, P.O. Box 450, FI-00054 State Treasury
Other contact details: [email protected]
3. Data protection officer
4. Legal basis and purpose for processing of personal data
Personal data is used for the payment compensations and expenses from State funds (Act on Compensation for the Excessive Length of Judicial Proceedings 362/2009).
5. Information content of the register
Personal data or company information
- Personal identity code or business ID
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Bank account or other payment information
- Name of agent, address and bank account
Information on the compensation
- Identifying information for the court ruling (record number, number of the decision or ruling, date of the decision)
- Compensation in euros
- Expenses in euros
- Penalty interest percentage, delay time and penalty interest in euros
- Has the penalty been reduced by virtue of the Act on Compensation for the Excessive Length of Judicial Proceedings?
The documents to be archived are the court decision and the form filled by the court for the payment of the compensation. The form features the information content of the register in written form.
6. Normal data sources
- Population information system
- Local register office
- Information system on businesses and organisations
- Trade Register
If necessary, the address information is confirmed from the Population Information System (Population Information Act 661/2009, Section 29).
7. Regular disclosures of data
Information required for the payment of compensations are regularly disclosed to the Finnish Government Shared Services Centre for Finance and HR (Palkeet).
8. Regular disclosures of personal data or transfer of data outside the EU or the EEA
Data is not disclosed or transferred to recipients outside the EU or EEA.
9. Principles for filing system protection
The information may include confidential details (e.g. information on health, financial status, customer relationships with social services, private life, details on the court proceedings that have been deemed confidential, information on the penalty).
Only individuals authorised by the controller, who are under obligation of secrecy, have access to the data processed within the information system. Access rights are kept up-to-date by regular inspection, and unnecessary access rights are removed. The information network and terminals containing the register are protected using technical measures. The application servers are located in the operating service provider’s protected facilities. The actions of the data system users and the authorisation of data access are monitored by means of collecting log data.
Manual data content is stored in a locked room which is only accessible by individuals who have been authorised by the controller and are bound by an obligation of secrecy. Unnecessary manual materials are destroyed in a data secure manner.
10. Data storage period / criteria for determining storage period
The information will be retained for six years after the year of payment.
11. Information about automatic decision-making and information about the logic of data processing and its impacts on the data subject
The processing of the data does not entail automated decision-making.
12. Right of access
The data subject has the right to access their data in the register. Requests should be sent to the registry office.
In the event that the data subject has exercised their right of access less than one year ago, the controller may collect a fee based on the administrative costs caused by the provision of the data.
13. Rectification of data
Data subjects are entitled to request corrections to any incorrect information the register may contain on them. Requests should be sent to the registry office.
14. The right to object to processing of personal data
The State Treasury processes personal data in order to carry out its statutory duties, and the data subject does not have the right to object to the processing of their personal data.
15. Right to restriction of processing
The data subject has the right to restrict the processing of their personal data as specified in Article 18 of the GDPR.
16. Right to erasure
The State Treasury processes personal data in order to carry out its statutory duties, and the data subject does not have the right to have their personal data removed.
17. Right to lodge a complaint
The data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if the data subject believes that their rights have been infringed by the actions of the controller.
18. Other rights
Personal data is neither used nor disclosed for the purpose of direct advertising, distance marketing or other direct marketing, market and opinion research, registers of individuals, or genealogies.