Can I be exempted from receivables that are already in the recovery process?

You can only apply for exemption concerning receivables to the government. In accordance with the Act on Relief from Payments, the State Treasury cannot grant an exemption from receivables owed to private creditors (private individuals or businesses, e.g. banks or debt collection agencies) or municipalities. It is not relevant whether the receivables are covered by a debt collection process. Even if a payment is handled by the execution office, it does not become a government receivable.

Related content