Can a foreign citizen get a government-guaranteed ASP loan?

To be eligible for a government guarantee for their ASP loan, foreign citizen must have a Finnish social security number. The borrower must reside permanently in Finland and have a residence permit. The residence permit must not be permanent; however, it cannot be too short-term. The bank or other financial institution granting the government-guaranteed mortgage decides whether the residency is considered long enough. The apartment or house purchased with the mortgage must be located in Finland and purchased for owner-occupied use.

Related content